Job Title: Roehampton Community Box Hub Coordinator
Temporary post until 31st Dec 2021
Responsible to: Community Box Programme CEO
Location: Based at the hub site (currently Heathmere but will move, staying in Roehampton)
Salary: Rate of London Living Wage £10.85/hour
Hours: 12 hours per week (spread over 2 or 3 days, likely Tue and Wed)
The Roehampton Community Box Programme is looking to recruit a part-time coordinator for the hub. The Community Box Programme is a joint initiative between Regenerate and Rackets Cubed (2 local charities) supporting families in the local community in response to the Covid crisis. Reporting to the Community Box Programme CEO, the role will involve coordinating the production and distribution of the community boxes. The job has the potential to grow.
Looking for someone to ideally start 28th June
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the packing of the boxes
• Ensure the hub’s cleanliness and hygiene standards are met each day.
• Work alongside volunteers at the hub.
• Delegate tasks to volunteers and helpers
• Oversee the delivery of supplies.
• Liaise with delivery drivers delivering to and collecting from the hub.
• Report weekly on box numbers
• Report on stock levels
• Follow all COVID safety protocols
• Perform other duties as instructed by the Community Box Programme CEO
• Contribute to team meetings
• Liaise regularly with the Community Box Programme CEO to provide updates on the programme
• Strong communication skills both verbal and by email.
• Good physicality- the job requires moving boxes and food.
• Problem assessment & solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to be flexible.
• Good ability to think quickly, work in stressful situations and stay calm in a crisis
• Excellent organisational skills, able to self-motivate, motivate others and time-manage
• A team player
• Good numeracy skills
• Knowledge of Roehampton
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Rackets Cubed is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Application deadline – end of Sunday 6th June.
Interview date – Thursday 17th June.
To Apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would be good for the job, along with your cv and 2 referee contacts. We will contact referees to ask why you are suitable for the job.